Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Housing... Aarrrrrrgh...

I have made and changed and made again and changed and made again..... a list of Philly apartments I need to consider. Now I almost know the Wharton housing guide by heart. I also have a photograph of the apartment locations etched in my memory. I shoot an email to a current student as the questions pop into my mind. The response invariably changes my criteria for the apartment search and hence my list of apartments :-(. I'm beginning to hate it even before I start calling apartment managements to discuss availability, rent, lease terms blah blah...

It seems fairly simple to sign a lease remotely, most of it can be done on the phone. But I'm somehow very skeptical about moving into a place without checking it out in person. Neither am I ready to go there in July and then search, all the good places will be gone by then. My future roomie and me discuss this endlessly, we are both confused and nowhere close to knowing which apartments to consider. Ok, I guess I have fully vented my frustration now :D.

Other things such as I20 application, verification, preparing to send my acceptance deposit etc. are underway and happening smoothly. Life would be perfect if housing were to fall in place soon enough :D