Sunday, June 25, 2006

I'm Lovin' it !!!

I'm absolutely lovin' writing my essays. I have figured out what I want to write in each of the HBS essays. I started with a draft of "What are your three most substantial accomplishments and why do you view them as such?" yesterday. I've written about two accomplishments. I can edit the essay endlessly. But what I really like is- I'm always thinking about the whole story instead of essay by essay or paragraph by paragraph. I place every line against the background of my entire story and see if it fits. If it doesn't I change the idea, rephrase it or delete it completely. It's really difficult to make myself forget about the word limit for the moment, but I'm pulling along just fine.

Now that I've actually started the "process", my needs have become very minimal. Just food, water and showers. But the weather outside is heavenly, cool breeze, light drizzles, the sun feels like a warm kiss... it's just perfect! And it is just not helping my cause. So I've resorted to strolling on my terrace- really helps me think. My story is getting better, but gradually...